***NOTE: Registration will be done online using Assist Expo and will be considered complete only when payment is made. ***
12th Annual Fleece Judging Show – Thursday, August 10th, 2017
13th Annual Composite Halter Show – Friday, August 11th, 2017
Director: Kathy Enright & Corinne Côté
Committee: Hans Brouwer, Sandra & Ian Fredette, Mélanie Bathalon, Alanna Riff, Deb Coles, Shannon Rouleau, Deidre Graham, Shelley K Nottrodt, Gary Umscheid
Judge: Cathy Merkley (Lloydminster, Saskatchewan)
Alpacas will be housed in a tent east of the arena. The tent is available from Thursday, August 10th to Sunday, August 13th, although there will be security overnight on August 10 and 11.
Rules and Regulations
- Each Exhibitor must purchase a 2017 Exhibitor membership; this will be done with registration.
- Alpaca Exhibitors must provide proof of one million dollar liability with their registration – required with online process.
- All animals must be registered with CLAA, ARI, or other registry, and registered in the name of the person/farm owning the animal. A copy of the registration certificate or record and proof of negative BVD PI test must be available at registration time. All animals must be in good health, with inoculations up-to-date.
- All Alpacas will be checked for a microchip matching registration. If no chip is found, a chip will be inserted at the show, and the required documentation will be sent to the CLAA by the show management, or the Alpaca may be disqualified. Relevant fees to be paid by the Alpaca owner.
- No Alpacas under six (6) months of age may compete in the show.
- The Halter Show is open to the public, but the Fleece Show is not.
- Judge’s decision shall be final.
- No ranch, farm, person or Alpaca logo or name shall be exhibited on the Alpaca or handler during the class presentation. Black show halter and lead without adornment is recommended.
- Dress code is black pants and white shirt. No open-toed shoes are allowed in the ring.
- No children under 12 may handle adult Alpacas in the show ring.
- Show Management reserves the right to determine any point not covered above, which may be deemed necessary for the best interest of the show.
- Check-in for Alpacas will be Thursday, Aug 10th, 2017 between 2:00 pm and 6:00 pm to allow for health, colour and microchip check. Please have a copy of your BVD test results and registration, at this time.
1. Composite Halter Show: Age Divisions for Huacayas and Suris (Female & Male) will be as follows:
Note: Ages is as of check-in date
2. Fleece Show:Class Divisions for Huacayas and Suris
(any category fleece should not be older than 14 months since last shearing)
Judge’s Award for Longevity of Fineness Champion
Please note: Fleeces must have a minimum of six (6) months of growth and staple length of 3” (76 mm). Fleeces older than 14 months since shorn will be disqualified. The judging of the fleece show is not open to the public.
Fleeces must be received by: JULY 28, 2017
Colour Classes (Same for Composite Halter and Fleece Show)
■ Light (Beige, Light Fawn)
■ Fawn (Medium Fawn & Dark Fawn)
■ Brown (Light Brown, Medium Brown, Dark Brown)
■ Black (Bay Black, Black)
■ Grey (Silver Grey & Rose Grey)
Multi includes Alpacas exhibiting two or more colours that are distinct and immediately visible and are situated on the Alpaca below the head and above the knees.
Multis are included in the Colour Championship.
Colour Champion: Minimum of 6 entries per colour in Huacayas and 4 for Suris
Supreme Champion: Colour Champions from the Composite Halter show and 1st places of the Fleece show compete for Supreme Champion
NOTE: If your fleece is to be entered in both the Fleece and the Composite Halter Show the proper form must be completed for each show.
|2016||Registration before July 29th|
|Composite Halter Show (Friday)||$45 / alpaca|
|Fleece Show (Thursday)||$35 / fleece|
|Composite Halter & Fleece Show||$60 (savings of $20)|
|Get of Sire||$45 / 3 progeny from minimum 2 different dams|
|Produce of Dam||$45 / 2 progeny from different sires|
|Best Head||$10 / alpaca|
|Pen||$45 / pen maximum 4 animals per pen|
No registration, changes or refunds after deadline date of July 28th, 2017.
■ Ribbons will be awarded to fourth place in both Composite Halter and Fleece shows.
■ Prize Money will be given for the Composite Halter and Fleece shows.